Observing the Moon

Title Hits
Why is the Moon higher in the sky in winter and lower in the summer? (Beginner) Views: 67122
Is the Moon always visible during winter on the North Pole? (Intermediate) Views: 56852
Does the Moon look different in the northern and southern hemispheres? (Beginner) Views: 196753
Does the direction of the moon's crescent change through the night? (Beginner) Views: 35899
The Moon and Sun are the same apparent size in the sky. The Moon is moving away from us at 3.8 centimeters/year. Isn't it improbable that we live in an epoch in which they appear the same size in the sky? (Beginner) Views: 46955
On which days can I see the Moon in the evening / morning and why is this so? (Beginner) Views: 77351
When can I see the Moon through the hole in the Pantheon? (Intermediate) Views: 95446
How do I explain to my children why the Moon has phases? (Beginner) Views: 59149
How does the position of Moonrise and Moonset change? (Intermediate) Views: 460632
How can you tell if a crescent moon is preceding or following a new-moon phase? (Beginner) Views: 48845
Will the Moon be invisible in 500 million years? (Beginner) Views: 64054
Are there any new craters on the Moon? (Intermediate) Views: 49389
Why do the size and brightness of the full moon change? (Intermediate) Views: 106260
Why is the Moon so bright? (Beginner) Views: 134021
A line drawn perpendicular to a line through the tips of the horns of the crescent moon doesn't point to the Sun! Why not? (Advanced) Views: 54195
Is the Moon seen as a crescent (and not a "boat") all over the world? Is the same phase of the moon visible from the Northern and Southern hemispheres? (Advanced) Views: 117364
Why are the Moon and Sun sometimes orange or red? (Beginner) Views: 402768
Why is the time between two successive full moons different from the lunar synodic month? (Advanced) Views: 85894
Is it possible to see the full Moon and the Sun simultaneously in high northern latitudes when the Sun doesn't set? (Intermediate) Views: 113088
How does libration allow us to see more than 50% of the Moon? (Advanced) Views: 44597
How can I find out if the new moon has been sighted? (Intermediate) Views: 42854
Why is the moon in a different place every night? (Beginner) Views: 218212
Why is the shadow on the Moon the shape it is? (Beginner) Views: 73709
Why does the Moon look big on the horizon? (Intermediate) Views: 80660
What is that ring (or rainbow) around the moon? (Beginner) Views: 362443
Are there telescopes that can see the flag and lunar rover on the Moon? (Beginner) Views: 19369

Search Our Q&A Archive