Observing the Moon

Title Hits
Why is the Moon higher in the sky in winter and lower in the summer? (Beginner) Views: 61489
Is the Moon always visible during winter on the North Pole? (Intermediate) Views: 52775
Does the Moon look different in the northern and southern hemispheres? (Beginner) Views: 179782
Does the direction of the moon's crescent change through the night? (Beginner) Views: 32878
The Moon and Sun are the same apparent size in the sky. The Moon is moving away from us at 3.8 centimeters/year. Isn't it improbable that we live in an epoch in which they appear the same size in the sky? (Beginner) Views: 44030
On which days can I see the Moon in the evening / morning and why is this so? (Beginner) Views: 73025
When can I see the Moon through the hole in the Pantheon? (Intermediate) Views: 92783
How do I explain to my children why the Moon has phases? (Beginner) Views: 55804
How does the position of Moonrise and Moonset change? (Intermediate) Views: 432235
How can you tell if a crescent moon is preceding or following a new-moon phase? (Beginner) Views: 45938
Will the Moon be invisible in 500 million years? (Beginner) Views: 61473
Are there any new craters on the Moon? (Intermediate) Views: 47221
Why do the size and brightness of the full moon change? (Intermediate) Views: 100698
Why is the Moon so bright? (Beginner) Views: 129993
A line drawn perpendicular to a line through the tips of the horns of the crescent moon doesn't point to the Sun! Why not? (Advanced) Views: 51268
Is the Moon seen as a crescent (and not a "boat") all over the world? Is the same phase of the moon visible from the Northern and Southern hemispheres? (Advanced) Views: 110868
Why are the Moon and Sun sometimes orange or red? (Beginner) Views: 380859
Why is the time between two successive full moons different from the lunar synodic month? (Advanced) Views: 79422
Is it possible to see the full Moon and the Sun simultaneously in high northern latitudes when the Sun doesn't set? (Intermediate) Views: 107081
How does libration allow us to see more than 50% of the Moon? (Advanced) Views: 42188
How can I find out if the new moon has been sighted? (Intermediate) Views: 40612
Why is the moon in a different place every night? (Beginner) Views: 202428
Why is the shadow on the Moon the shape it is? (Beginner) Views: 67798
Why does the Moon look big on the horizon? (Intermediate) Views: 78402
What is that ring (or rainbow) around the moon? (Beginner) Views: 352504
Are there telescopes that can see the flag and lunar rover on the Moon? (Beginner) Views: 17498

Search Our Q&A Archive