Observing the Moon

Title Hits
Why is the Moon higher in the sky in winter and lower in the summer? (Beginner) Views: 53133
Is the Moon always visible during winter on the North Pole? (Intermediate) Views: 46508
Does the Moon look different in the northern and southern hemispheres? (Beginner) Views: 155561
Does the direction of the moon's crescent change through the night? (Beginner) Views: 28216
The Moon and Sun are the same apparent size in the sky. The Moon is moving away from us at 3.8 centimeters/year. Isn't it improbable that we live in an epoch in which they appear the same size in the sky? (Beginner) Views: 39864
On which days can I see the Moon in the evening / morning and why is this so? (Beginner) Views: 67318
When can I see the Moon through the hole in the Pantheon? (Intermediate) Views: 88546
How do I explain to my children why the Moon has phases? (Beginner) Views: 50699
How does the position of Moonrise and Moonset change? (Intermediate) Views: 387827
How can you tell if a crescent moon is preceding or following a new-moon phase? (Beginner) Views: 41958
Will the Moon be invisible in 500 million years? (Beginner) Views: 57773
Are there any new craters on the Moon? (Intermediate) Views: 43472
Why do the size and brightness of the full moon change? (Intermediate) Views: 91877
Why is the Moon so bright? (Beginner) Views: 124177
A line drawn perpendicular to a line through the tips of the horns of the crescent moon doesn't point to the Sun! Why not? (Advanced) Views: 46932
Is the Moon seen as a crescent (and not a "boat") all over the world? Is the same phase of the moon visible from the Northern and Southern hemispheres? (Advanced) Views: 101569
Why are the Moon and Sun sometimes orange or red? (Beginner) Views: 357421
Why is the time between two successive full moons different from the lunar synodic month? (Advanced) Views: 69058
Is it possible to see the full Moon and the Sun simultaneously in high northern latitudes when the Sun doesn't set? (Intermediate) Views: 98672
How does libration allow us to see more than 50% of the Moon? (Advanced) Views: 38391
How can I find out if the new moon has been sighted? (Intermediate) Views: 37070
Why is the moon in a different place every night? (Beginner) Views: 181158
Why is the shadow on the Moon the shape it is? (Beginner) Views: 59424
Why does the Moon look big on the horizon? (Intermediate) Views: 74898
What is that ring (or rainbow) around the moon? (Beginner) Views: 332701
Are there telescopes that can see the flag and lunar rover on the Moon? (Beginner) Views: 14634

Search Our Q&A Archive